For most of us, the focus is always on the Full Moon. However, the New Moon has an energy of her own that is truly magical.
Many cultures, such as Hindu, Hebrew and Chinese, follow the lunar calendar. This means the New Moon dictates the start of the month, despite what the traditional Gregorian calendar says.
The New Moon, the darkest time of the month, begins an inward journey.
The darkness of this time, causes us to go within, to decide what we want to bring to fruition. It is the confidence that no matter how much we wane, just like the light of the moon, our light will always be renewed. We harness the energy of the building light of the moon to build what we want to manifest into our lives.
At this time, the seeds of what we want to bring into our lives are planted.
We want to light the parts of us that are in the dark. We want to light the parts of us where there are cobwebs and need attention. These are parts of us that need to attach to the growing light of the moon and bring forth what we want into our lives.
In this week’s Energy Healing Toolkit, I share with you a ritual to welcome in the New Moon.
In private sessions, we delve deeper into your energy, goals and needs.
Thanks for taking this journey with me.
Energy Healing Toolkit New Moon Ritual
The calming energy of the New Moon is a wonderful time to plant the seeds of what we want to grow in the coming month. We feel balanced to set our sights on what we want to bring into our lives.
1) Sage or smudge your aura and your living space. If you don’t have sage, burn incense or use essential oils to clear the energy of your aura and the room.
2) Light a candle. Call in your angels and guides and ask for assistance by saying, “I request help from my angels and guides to plant seeds of intention on this New Moon.” Specifically invite Archangel Haniel, the angel of the moon, for this ritual.
3) Write down on a piece of paper what you want to bring forth into your life. State all of your intentions in the positive. Start all of your intentions for your list with “I AM.” For example, instead of saying “I want to be less anxious,” write down, “I AM calm and peaceful.” You can be general or specific, it is up to you.
4) With your hands cupped around the candle light (not too close), read your I AM intentions aloud. See, visualize, sense or just know that that energy of the seeds you are planting are being brought within the light of the candle up into the universe.
5) Feel gratitude and give thanks by putting your hands over your heart. Say aloud, “I am open to all of the blessings of the universe. I put forth my intentions and welcome these manifestations to become my reality. I am worthy of receiving. And so it is.”