Ever notice when you ask someone how they are, they start to rattle off a list of what they have to get done and how busy they are?
Maybe you do this too.
When I ask, ‘How are you?,’ I am interested in YOU, not everything that you have to do.
It is an interesting phenomena that I am often witnessing in people.
And I have a theory about it…
We are so preoccupied with all that we feel that we HAVE to get done.
And it is this busy-ness, that keeps us focused on the external things that we feel we have to do. And it prevents us from getting quiet and going within.
Sure, there are very important errands, tasks and obligations that we have to do. I don’t disagree with that at all. Our responsibilities are very real and we do have to do deal with them.
But we aren’t defined by them. It seems as if they define our lives.
But, in reality, they don’t.
What defines our lives is our inner selves. The essence of who and what we really are- the soul.
“A vibrant inner life is far more powerful than a busy outer one.” – David Romanelli
And in order to hear the voice of the soul, we need to get very still and quiet.
Most people don’t do that enough. Some people don’t do that at all. In fact, many people are uncomfortable being alone and just being still.
So many of us are so busy and fill our lives with distractions that we avoid tuning into ourselves. We don’t make the time to get quiet or meditate because it can bring up discomfort.
But the truth is, this is the only way to get clear. This is the way to get your intuition to speak to you and actually listen to what it has to say. And after we tune in, we can then act on it.
In this week’s Energy Healing Toolkit, I share with you an exercise to energize and open your Third Eye Chakra.
Located in the middle of the forehead, between the eyebrows, our sixth chakra governs our intuitive ability. This tool will help you slow down and tune into this gift that we all have- that inner knowing- the voice of the soul.
In private sessions, we delve deeper into your energy, goals and needs.
Thanks for taking this journey with me.
Energy Healing Toolkit
Tapping into your Intuition
“The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear.” -Rumi
This quote is not about hearing others speak. It is about hearing your own intuition.
Dean Koontz says, “Intuition is seeing with the soul.”
When you can quiet your mind, you can hear your intuition. A busy mind is so focused on overthinking that it isn’t able to look inward.
Let’s get quiet and tap into the eyes of the soul:
1. Sit on your knees on a yoga mat or blanket on the floor. Place another blanket or pillow underneath your knees for comfort.
2. Take three deep breaths in through your nose and out through your mouth.
3. Ask yourself a question that you want to know the answer to. It can be something you want clarity on. You might want to get next steps for a project or career move. You can ask about something for your or a family member’s highest good and healing.
4. Gently start tapping the space in between your eyebrows while saying the following affirmations aloud:
*I am clear *I know my own voice *I am connected to my own inner vision and trust it *I am free of family beliefs that limit my truth *I am true to myself and hear the voice of my soul *I am intuitive
5. Repeat the tapping and affirmations four or five times.
6. Gently press your forehead into the yoga mat or blanket (child’s pose) and take two deep breaths.