Last week, I wrote about my repeating lesson.
Today, I want to help you identify yours.
Life is a one room school house where we all incarnate to learn the lessons of our soul. We each have an individualized curriculum, depending on what it is that we need to learn. Our lessons are unique to each person and come via people and situations that will help us grow.
So how do you know what lesson(s) your soul needs to learn?
Read the quote below by Eckart Tolle: “Life will give you whatever experience is most helpful for the evolution of your consciousness. How do you know this is the experience you need? Because this is the experience you are having at the moment.”
Read it again as it is deep.
The way you know what your soul needs to learn is by identifying what you are experiencing right now.
Sounds ridiculously simple, right?
Try this: Imagine you had a camera and could zoom out on your life for moment. What is the ‘big picture issue’ you are struggling with?
Are you having difficulty in relationships, with work, money, your health?
Or are you experiencing balance in all areas of your life?
By identifying what you might be struggling with, holds the lesson your soul needs to learn.
A client told me he had a fabulous life until 10 years ago. Everything was easy and effortless as far as earning money, yet he was arrogant. Now he has fallen on harder times. His lesson is learning humility, grace and appreciation for what he has.
A woman struggles with fear and the need to control everything. She has been given a life threatening condition and is in need of an organ transplant. Her lesson is learning that she really isn’t in control of anything and can only control how she responds to what is happening.
Another woman struggles with being heard. She used to yell and lose her temper most of the time. Now she is in a terrible divorce/custody battle. Her lesson is speaking with poise, control and diplomacy.
Remember, the lesson repeats as needed.
So, it will keep coming back over and over again, in different forms (via people and situations) until your soul learns that lesson.
The awareness that ‘this is happening for me‘ (to grow) as opposed to ‘this is happening to me’ (because I am being punished) is a powerful shift in mindset.
In today’s Energy Healing Toolkit, I share with you a step by step way to identify the lesson of your soul. The good news is you can never get it wrong and you never run out of time. The (not so good) news is once you master this one, there will be another one to learn. There is always another level up.
In private sessions, we delve deeper into your energy, goals and needs.
Thanks for taking this journey with me.
Energy Healing Toolkit
How To Identify The Lesson of Your Soul
1) Sit quietly and take five deep breaths in through your nose and out through your mouth.
2) Call in your angels and guides by setting the following intention; “Thank you angels and guides for giving me clarity on what it is my soul needs to learn. I am open to your wisdom and guidance now.”
3) On a blank piece of paper, make a list of the things that feel difficult in your life. Be as specific as possible.
4) With each difficulty, categorize a general ‘theme’ it falls into. It can include, but not be limited to: relationships, money, career, health, self-esteem, soul’s purpose, romantic love, etc.
5) That might be enough but you can even go further. If you were to look over your list and extrapolate what the lesson is, what would it be?
The most common lessons are: surrender, self-worth, flexibility, possibility, forgiveness, moderation/balance, love and authenticity.
6) This information might not come all at once. Be open to receiving more information at a later time as you have set the intention. The point in doing this exercise is awareness.
When you identify what you need to learn, you are then empowered to make a different, more loving choice. As Deepak Chopra says, ‘ Every time you are tempted to react in the same old way, ask if you want to be a prisoner of the past or a pioneer of the future.’
It’s up to you to decide when. The universe never runs out of time.