With all of the constant craziness going on in the world, nerves are frayed, tempers are short, and lots of people are constantly stressed and anxious.
The question I pose for you is, What are you doing to take care of yourself?
The greatest gift you can give to anyone is to give to yourself FIRST!
Healthy self-care ensures you are happy and giving from a full cup. You can’t give when your cup is empty!
Yesterday I found myself acting grouchy with my ten year daughter. It wasn’t her… it was me! I was off… she was just asking me a question.
I stopped and asked myself, “What do I need to do (or what am I not doing) so that I feel balanced?” I realized I have been so busy and not taking time for my regular yoga practice and I NEED to do that regularly.
It is not selfish when we engage in activities that make us feel better.
In today’s Energy Healing Toolkit, I offer you a grounding exercise, using the energy of the Earth, so that you can feel more relaxed and balanced.
In private sessions, we delve deeper into your energy, goals and needs.
Thanks for taking this journey with me.
Energy Healing Toolkit
Grounding and Balancing
The Earth’s energy is an amazing source to connect to when life gets overwhelming! Use this technique to root and ground down anytime you need to center yourself to feel more balanced and relaxed.
1) Stand in a comfortable stance with your hands at your sides, bare feet rooting down and eyes closed. This is best done outside, but if you can’t, you can do it inside. Or, do it outside with shoes on.
2) Take three deep breaths in through your nose and out through your mouth.
3) Visualize yourself strongly anchored to the ground through a very dense tree trunk. See this cord of energy rooting down into the Earth as if the tree trunk was growing downwards out through your feet.
4) Feel the energy of your body breaking through the ground (or floor) and breaking through the crust, mantle and core of the Earth.
5) See yourself, like the roots of a tree, extending all the way down through the layers and tapping into the energy of the center of the Earth. This energy is cleansing, healing and restorative.
6) Now consciously pull this energy up back towards you through the core, mantle and crust of the Earth. See this energy as any color you wish.
7) As you inhale, draw this energy up into your whole body. Start with your feet first, and send this energy all the way up to your head.
8) As you exhale, send this energy back down your head and through the rest of your body into the crust, mantle and core of the Earth.
9) Repeat this drawing up and sending down of energy three times. Breathe in, pull up. Breathe out, release back.
10) You should now feel grounded, relaxed and balanced.